The Canadian investment industry plays a key role in Canada’s financial services sector. It enables businesses and governments to raise debt and equity capital—which stimulates economic growth and job creation—and helps investors and savers work towards their financial objectives.
Did you know in 2016, Canada’s investment industry?
– Directly employed approximately 40,130 Canadians from coast to coast to coast.
– Generated $22.4 billion in direct economic activity.
– Helped listed Canadian businesses raise $48.8 billion in equity capital in secondary offerings in public and private markets.
– Helped eight companies go public, raising $466 million in initial public offerings.
– Enabled Canadian businesses to raise $96.0 billion by issuing bonds to finance operations.
– Enabled the federal, provincial and municipal governments to raise $197.9 billion through debt issuance.
Check out our infographic to learn more.