In-Person Event: IIAC Demystifying the Digital Asset Landscape – Let’s Talk Conference | October 17, 2022 | 8:00 am – 12:30 pm
Registration and Breakfast: 8:00 am
Start time: 8:30 am
End time: 12:30 pm
Event Fee: $245 members; $295 non-members
Location: One King West Hotel, 1 King Street West, Toronto, Grand Banking Hall
Join us on October 17 to hear from leaders in the digital asset space who are successfully navigating the regulatory landscape.
- Canadian securities regulators have been asserting jurisdiction over the crypto asset market, but what is currently permitted in Canada?
- How does the Canadian approach compare to other jurisdictions, like the U.S., and how does it impact Canadian dealers and asset managers considering how to incorporate the digital asset ecosystem into their business models.
- Will we see crypto derivatives platforms in Canada and what products and uses will crypto assets have in the investment space?
- Clients are not just investing in crypto assets but using them – does this change how we view these assets?
- Rapid fire discussion on emerging digital asset categories, including NFTs, DeFi, and the Metaverse and their impact on clients and the financial industry.
Giles Anderson | Vice President, Digital Asset Sales and Relationship Management | Fidelity Clearing Canada ULC
Geoffrey Cher | Partner | Wildeboer Dellelce LLP
Steve Everett | Head Business Strategy & Innovation | The Canadian Depository for Securities Limited (CDS)
Didier Lavallée | Chief Executive Officer | Tetra Trust Company
Julie Mansi | Partner | BLG
Hashim Mitha | Chief Executive Officer | MeetAmi Innovations Inc.
Laura Paglia | President and CEO | Investment Industry Association of Canada
Adam Reeds | Co-Founder & CEO | Ledn Inc.
Ben Samaroo | Co-Founder and CEO | WonderFi
Phil Sham | Co-Founder and CEO | Aquanow
Dean Skurka | President | Bitbuy Technologies Inc.
Lori Stein | Partner | McCarthy Tétrault LLP
Evan Thomas | Head of Legal | Wealthsimple Crypto
Adrian Walrath | Managing Director | Investment Industry Association of Canada
*** This session may be eligible for CE credits ***
Thank you to our Sponsors