IIROC-IIAC Innovation Forum
Date: Thursday, December 9, 2021
Time: 12:45 pm – 4:00 pm ET
IIROC and the IIAC will host a live virtual conference on Thursday, December 9, from 12:45 pm to 4:00 pm (ET) to discuss innovation in the Canadian investment industry. Andrew J. Kriegler, IIROC’s President and CEO will deliver the opening remarks.
The conference will feature three panels, including one discussing CSA and IIROC initiatives to support responsible innovation in Canada and the opportunities and challenges presented by innovations like open banking, crypto, suptech, and AI-driven analytics and decision-making.
Other panels will consider how technology can be used to enhance personal relationships and trust within the financial services industry and discuss issues surrounding the delivery of personalized services to end users, using technology like intelligent segmentation and recommendations, and data-driven messages, nudges, or alerts.
Panelists will include:
- Lise Estelle Brault, Senior Director Data, Fintech and Innovation, AMF; and Chair of the CSA Regulatory Sandbox Committee, AMF
- Pat Chaukos, Director, Office of Economic Growth and Innovation, OSC
- Jad Chehlawi, CEO, Telos Touch
- Max Jarvie, Senior Associate, BLG
- Scott MacKenzie, President & UDP, Fidelity Clearing Canada
- Jack Mastromattei, Chief Operating Officer, Aligned Capital Partners
- Zach Masum, Manager, Legal Services (Capital Markets Regulation) and Fintech & Innovation Team Leader, BCSC
- Rob McLean, Senior Vice-President, Information Technology, Guardian Capital Group Limited
- Laura Paglia, President and CEO, IIAC
- Victoria Pinnington, Senior Vice-President, Market Regulation, IIROC
- Kerry Ryan, Director, Industries Marketing – Financial Services, Salesforce
- Scott Stennett, Chief Operating Officer and Director, Richardson Wealth
- Irene Winel, Senior Vice-President, Member Regulation and Strategy, IIROC
The conference will be broadcast in English and French. Each session will be 55 minutes, including a Q&A. There will be a 5-minute break between sessions.
A recording of the webcast will be released shortly after the event.
This conference will qualify for Compliance CE credits. CE letters will be distributed via email at the conclusion of each session.
Register here for the December 9th event.