The Canadian and global green and sustainable finance market has seen exponential growth in the past few years. This has necessitated the development of detailed guidance in the form of taxonomies. Green, sustainable and transition bond taxonomies improve clarity and provide guidance to market participants, enabling investors and firms to properly identify green activities and make informed decisions on sustainable economic activities. There are multiple taxonomies in use and under development. This session identifies and explains trends and the implications for the green sustainable and transition finance market.
This session covers:
- Sustainable finance Introductions
- Green and Transition bond taxonomy 2022 developments
- Asset owner/manager/underwriter/ perspectives to investing in green or transition instruments
- Mitigating the reputational risk at the corporate-level and issuance-level
- The role and selection of service providers
- Emerging transition technologies
This session is eligible for 1 Compliance OR Professional Development credit from IIROC accreditations.
Executive Director – Sustainable Finance
CIBC Capital Markets | CIBC
Managing Director – Sustainability Advisory & Finance
National Bank Financial
Senior Managing Director – ESG
British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI)