Exchange-traded funds have quickly risen in recent years to take a larger share of asset managers’ shelf of products, demonstrating consistent sales throughout different market cycles and affinity from both institutional and retail investors. While sponsors have been taking different approaches to the ETF structure, strategies are being tested as we enter a new, more mature, epoch of widespread adoption of ETFs in Canada. This webinar presents a review of ETF developments in the Canadian market, exploring how ETFs have been integrated in the business of different sponsor types, pricing dynamics, product development trends and adoption across distribution channels.
This session covers:
- Recent surge in financial assets and effect on investment funds
- Focus on the ETF business (Industry evolution, Sales trends, Pricing)
- ETF distribution (Distribution channel overview, ETFs in self-directed and advice channels)
- Key product development trends (ESG, Payout, Crypto, Alternatives)
- The funds forecast
- The asset management business now and in the future
This session is eligible for 1 Professional Development credit from IIROC accreditations.
Senior Managing Director